15jul1:00 am15aug1:00 amFeaturedGethsemane Community Fellowship Church of Norfolk, Virginia is Seeking a (Paid) Youth Pastor or Youth Director! We Invite You or Someone Qualified You Know to Apply | Details Included - Click on This Link to Review!
$40K to $45K Per Year Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance and 401K! Apply Today! https://www.gcfbaptistchurch.org/apply Job Summary The Children’s and Youth Pastor/Director is responsible for the leadership and coordination
$40K to $45K Per Year Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance and 401K!
Apply Today! https://www.gcfbaptistchurch.org/apply
The Children’s and Youth Pastor/Director is responsible for the leadership and coordination of all children and youth programs, from prek-12th Grade. The Children’s and Youth Pastor/Director provides strategic direction and vision to develop and improve children’s and youth ministries, including the recruitment and training of volunteers, as well as the care and ministry for our children and youth throughout the week. This candidate will work under the supervision of the Director of Ministry.
The mission of the Children’s and Youth Pastor/Director is to reach out to youth with the saving love and power of Jesus and build the next generation up in the faith. Under the leadership of the Director of Ministry, the children’s and youth pastor/director will ensure that all teams, programs, and volunteers fulfill the vision of saved souls, devoted disciples, strong families, and healthy communities. Additionally, the Children’s and Youth Pastor/Director is responsible for serving according to the core values of Gethsemane which are: the bible, people, excellence, worship, service, prayer, and community.
· Develop a relationship with youth to encourage deeper relationship with Christ via small groups, one-on-one, social media, community organizations and events, informal gatherings.
· Meet with Youth Ministry team at least quarterly for strategic planning.
· Encourage and equip youth to be leaders in church, at home, and in community.
· Recruit, coordinate, and equip adults to volunteer.
· Attend monthly senior leader meeting and one-on-one’s with Director of Ministries
· Set budget and monitor expenditures of youth ministry team.
· Communicate effectively with members of the youth group and their parents through a variety of methods such as phone, email, bulletins, website, social media.
· Implement and lead and/or provide oversight to ministry programs such as youth bible study, youth worship, spiritual retreats, mission trips, community service, and other auxiliary youth groups i.e.… Alpha Omega and Theta Chi for a girls 11-17 .
· Performs all other youth pastor related duties as directed by Sr. Pastor and Director of Ministry.
- Gethsemane reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
· Strong biblical knowledge and ability to communicate it to all ages.
· Experience in developing and managing creative and engaging ministry programs for children and youth.
· Excellent Communication and Organizational Skills
· Strong Interpersonal and team building skills
· Tech savvy and comfortable/knowledgeable in use of social media and apps to communicate and connect with children/youth and families.
· Skilled in use of computer software applications such as word, excel, and PowerPoint.
· College Graduate with experience working with youth and serving on church staff. Experience leading and organizing Christian Ministries.
- Education: Degree in Biblical or Theological Studies (Preferred Not Required)
· A grounded Christ follower with deep a personal relationship with Jesus
· A passion and vision for youth their families to grow in faith together.
· Strong interpersonal skills with youth and adults
· Exceptional listener and communicator
· A self-starter who can manage the creation, planning, and implementation of youth ministries.
· A team player who is supportive of all ministries of the church.
About Gethsemane Community Fellowship Bap:
Organized in September 1992, we are an independent Baptist church committed to glorifying God and ministering to His people.
Gethsemane is a place where everyone is welcomed. Here you will experience the love of Jesus Christ, spirit-filled worship, healthy relationships and fervent prayer. You will encounter a church who is committed to ministering to the spiritual, physical, social and emotional needs of humanity.
We are centrally located in the heart of the beautiful city of Norfolk, Virginia just two blocks from Norfolk State University.
Gethsemane’s focus is centered on six major pillars of ministry inspired by the first century church in chapter 2 of Acts of the Apostles:
1.) We present the love of Christ through Evangelism,
2.) Praise the Lord through Worship,
3.) Petition the Lord through Prayer,
4.) Provide for the needs of people through Missions,
5.) Prepare the saints through Christian Education and Discipleship, and
6.) Protect the unity of the body through Fellowships.
We are a community serving ministry with major emphasis in the areas of missions, jail ministry, ex-offender reentry, youth development services, community development and Christian leadership development.
Apply Today! https://www.gcfbaptistchurch.org/apply
July 15 (Thursday) 1:00 am - August 15 (Sunday) 1:00 am